Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mixing Complete!

Yesterday marked the final tweaks to my new CD, Azucar de Amor. I honestly don't want to listen to it again until I go and get it mastered next week (But I know I will!). I want to let it go now and let it be the body of work it is. I could be tweaking until kingdom come and never be completely satisfied, so I will leave it the way it is. And honestly, I feel it's a really good CD; I chose an interesting and engaging/exciting repertoire of pieces and I am proud of the way each song is presented. I think my insecurities lie in the fact that this is the second CD and I get concerned about how it will be received. If I could just separate myself enough from what everyone else might think and consider how I feel about the CD, then I know I have produced a CD of which I can be truly proud. Does that mean to hell with everyone else? No, not necessarily, but I do need to stay strong and stand up for the music that was created. There is always the possibility that it won't be well received, but then again, it might be a huge hit. One just never knows and can never predict how people will react to new art. So, I will state here with truth and complete conviction that Azucar de Amor encompasses another piece of my soul, just as Birds in Flight does, and I am proud exposing this aspect of myself to the world!

Now I have to come up woth the artwork for the CD. This is proving to be a bit more of a challenge. I have a strong idea of how I want to present myself and now I need to convince the photographer to go in that same direction. We do our photo shoot a week from next Sunday and I'm looking forward to how those images can be used for the CD, and other promo materials.

Okay, time to get ready to go and teach. Week 2 of teaching and I am excited and thrilled at this new challenge of working with these very intelligent and creative children.

No comments: