Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Whirlwinds Swirling Around!

It's been way too long since I posted anything here and I'm sorry for that. The last few weeks have been extremely busy and then I got a really bad cold which laid me out flat for a week. I'm finally starting to feel myself again and the whirlwinds continue to swirl around me. But it's all good stuff. My new CD, Azucar de Amor will be shipped to radio stations around the world this Friday, Feb. 1st. I can't wait until radio stations start playing the music and seeing the response the music gets. So far the response has been spectacular and I hope to continue in this vein for many months, if not years, to come!

I did an interview last night on KKUP with Afrikahn Jamal Davis. I kind of piggybacked on Rick Vandivier's interview. He was promoting his new stellar solo guitar CD and I was slated to come in right after him. It was a great segue for me to come in while he was still there because he also performs on both my CDs. It was a fun interview, with Afrikahn playing some tracks from Azucar de Amor. What was also great was the DJ after Afrikahn--Cristina Boyd, a peruvian woman--wanted me to stay for a bit longer so she could interview me too!! So I stayed for her latin american music show and she interviewed me in Spanish. So I got a double interview last night and the music from Azucar de Amor was very well represented!! This was mainly to talk about my upcoming concert at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center on Feb. 7th, but it was also to present the new CD to a new audience.

Speaking of Rick Vandivier!! I went to the Little Fox the other night to their Sunday Night Jazz Series produced by BeasWa Productions. BeasWa is a collaboration between my good friend Wendy Waller and Matt Beasley--my artist rep. They have joined together to create a jazz music series for Redwood City and beyond. Rick played many songs from his new CD, which is quite beautiful. Wendy Waller also performed an amazing set and Nate Pruitt brought the house down with his energy and fire. It was a great night of music and I would recommend to anyone to go out and support these kinds of events. We need to keep live music going in the Bay Area and it gets more and more difficult as time goes by.

So on that note, I hope to see you at the Kuumbwa on Feb. 7 for "Cookin' at the Kuumbwa" This will be a pre-release CD concert where the CD will be for sale for the very first time. I will also be giving away posters for free with the purchase of any CD. Hope to see you there!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We need to keep live music going in the Bay Area and it gets more and more difficult as time goes by."

I thought it was a phenomenon of ours. Fortunately it is not ... unfortunately it happens everywhere.
There we go, "punching the point of the knife" (Brazilian saying).
Success for the new CD. We had the privilege of listening something from it ... LIVE.
Hugs from the south of Brazil. CELMER

pato said...

Hi Celmer
Yes keeping live performances going is a challenge all over the world I fear. As television and iPods are ever present it makes it more and more difficult to convince people of the magic of what a live performance can be like to experience. But we keep moving forward, trying to demonstrate the power of what live performances can create.
Abrazos
Kat