Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Launching Azucar de Amor


The CD has been shipped out to around 400 radio stations across the globe and already DJs are playing Azucar de Amor on their radio shows. This is VERY exciting for me as my latest musical project is "birthed" to the world. The response has been incredibly positive and enthusiastic. I am very proud of what was achieved on this CD. There are a lot of magical moments and the talent pool is so immense that even I get overwhelmed listening to it at times!!

On Monday Murray Low and I went and did an interview at KUSP in Santa Cruz. They have a new policy that if you go there for an interview you have to perform live. So Murray was kind enough to accompany me to the radio station and play the piano while I sang a few songs. It was fun!! I've never performed live on the radio before and wasn't sure how well it would go over. But I think it went very well and the audience seemed to enjoy it based on the amount of calls that came in when a pair of free tickets were being offered!

After driving to Santa Cruz to do this interview, I then made my way up to rehearse in Oakland at Paul van Wageningen's house. It was very nice of him to open his house to all of us: me, Murray, Peter Barshay, Masaru Koga and Michaelle Goerlitz. We had a great rehearsal and I feel very confident that the concert at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center tomorrow night will be really fun and exciting. I am so blessed and honored to be able to play with these amazing musicians and I think their talents and chemistry has a way of emanating out to the audience and enthralling them. At least, that is my hope for tomorrow night--and every concert I perform.

No comments: