Thursday, February 14, 2008

Azucar de Amor is CHARTBOUND!!

Kate Smith is such a great radio promoter as well as friend. She is a hard worker and truly cares about her clients and their success. Since the CD has been sent out to all the radio stations she has been tirelessly working to get them to give Azucar de Amor a lot of airplay. Now that's not to say that those who already are familiar with my music weren't willing. The response from the DJs has been overwhelmingly positive and I'm tingling all over with excitement!! BUT, the fact that so many DJs are playing the CD has gotten it attention by the JazzWeek charting folks. This is HUGE for me!! This puts me into a whole new category and I'm crossing my fingers that the CD--and me, of course!--get on the JazzWeek Charts. There are two charts: JazzWeek World and then the JazzzWeek chart. Right now I am chartbound for the jazz chart. It will be interesting to see if the CD also is able to chart on the World chart. Either way, I'm having a FUN ride with this new CD. AND the cool thing is that Birds in Flight is also getting renewed attention.

So much is going on right now and I need to prepare for my impending trip to Chicago. I leave for the windy/freezing/COLD beautiful city next Wed. When I arrive I will be doing an interview with Chicago Public Radio, then later that same day I'll be interviewing with WIIT radio on El Caobo's show. I also have a telephone interview with WHPK--Rodolfo Sanchez's show--on Sat. Feb 16th. This interview will be taking place during a recording session I will be doing with Wayne all day. I'm just going to sneak off into my car for a half-hour and talk to Rodolfo on my cell. I hope the connection is good!!

I'm really getting excited about my trip to Chicago. I can't wait to meet the musicians Murray and I will be playing with. It's going to be a roller coaster ride since we'll meet for the first time at our first gig at the Cultural Center. We'll then get to have a REAL rehearsal and then go and play the gig at Katerina's. I'm actually feeling calm about all of this since I know that the guys I hired--Steve Hashimoto on bass and Luis Rosario on drums--are excellent musicians and come highly recommended. Life is an incredible adventure and I am loving every minute of it!

No comments: