Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Aftermath

The house is quiet again. Kate Smith, my friend Deliane and my son Pat were all at the house over the weekend to help celebrate the CD release concert. It was a weekend filled with music, planning, organizing, a little stress and a lot of fun! The concert was a great success. The musicians all were as amazing as I had hoped they'd be and my voice and spirit were in good form. I was very pleased with how things turned out. there were a lot of people who had never come to hear me perform that day and Juan Flores, a DJ from Houston, was even in the audience. He was so excited to be able to see so many of his favorite Bay Area musicians all on one stage performing together!

After so much planning for such a big event I must admit it's a bit of a letdown after it is all over. I kind of went into a daze after the concert and needed a day to recuperate from all the energy needed to pull it off successfully. But now that the fog has cleared, I can proudly stand tall and be happy with the outcome and the body of work that I have developed over the past couple of years. In such a short time I have come a long way. Now that's not to say I don't have a long way to go yet, because I know there is SO MUCH more to learn, but if I stop for just a minute, I appreciate all that I have been able to accomplish since making the decision to be a full-time musician.

Now I've got to start planning my trips to Mexico, PerĂº and Argentina. Mexico is a for sure thing, now I've just got to make sure I can make PerĂº and Argentina happen as well...

No comments: