Monday, April 21, 2008

Readying for the CD Release Celebration

Yes, it will be a celebration as well as a kick-butt concert!! 14 musicians on one stage! It's going to be a true grandiose production that will allow me to honor the musicians and their talented contributions to Azucar de Amor. Yesterday I was interviewed by Jesse "Chuy" Varela on KCSM 91.1. I think the interview went very well and the feedback I received from friends and family afterwards was very positive. I love interviewing with Chuy because of how incredibly personable he is and so very supportive of the musicians of the Bay Area and beyond. He is so great to talk to because he encourages me to keep moving forward with this dream.

Today I will be interviewing with Brad Stone at KSJS in San Jose. Hopefully this will also get more exposure for the upcoming concert. I'm hoping to sell it out. This is going to be such a fantastic show with so many of the Bay Area's most talented musicians supporting me on that day: Wayne Wallace, John Santos, Michael Spiro, Paul van Wageningen, Peter Barshay, Masaru Koga and on and on and on!!

I'm starting to get really excited about the concert and all that will be leading up to it. Kate Smith is flying in from Chicago and a few other friends are flying in from different parts of the country to come and celebrate this concert with me. Now I've just got to organize everything so it all runs smoothly and so I won't have to stress on the day of the concert. This will be on top of teaching this week, rehearsing and doing another gig in Pacifica before the big concert. Life is busy, but so incredibly exciting right now. I am completely convinced that if I maintain a positive outlook on life, opportunities and good positive occurrences come my way. It's all about trusting in the universe and believing that I am following the right path for me!

No comments: