Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Fresh Start, Fresh Life

It's odd to begin again in so many ways after so many years. Am I too old to do this? Or does change welcome you at any age? I have been packing for weeks and selling off most of my furniture to anyone willing to come and get it. Craigslist.org is amazing in aiding me to cleanse myself of so many material objects. I am learning to let go of "things" that no longer serve a purpose in my life. Simplicity is what I search for and hopefully will be able to hold onto in my new place.

This Saturday is moving day. I'm a bit nervous about living in a new city and having to learn where everything is. But I am also very excited at the prospect of exploring new territory and discovering new things. I really love my new place and think I can make a nice home for myself, my dog and two cats. I know it will be most difficult for the animals with this huge transition, but we'll get through it. My mantra: change is good, change is good!! I just feel there will be many more opportunities for me in the East Bay than down here. And I also feel that it will spark more creativity within me as I am confronted with new experiences.

Lots of exciting musical happenings in the works. But in the meantime, no gigs until the end of June. I think I'll be going into some serious withdrawals by then. I pretty much planned it that way, though, so I could get myself settled into my new place with as little stress as possible. Then I'll be ready to sing my heart out! AND it will be so much fun to perform in my new city-Oakland-at the High Street Presbyterian Church. And then off to Mexico to the Jazz Festival in San Cristobal. What a fun time that will be!

No comments: