Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Living Bi-Residentially!!

I'm now sleeping in my new place in Oakland. I really love it and will love it even more once I have unpacked everything. But I'm also still driving down to San Jose to finish closing up the house. I still have some stuff there, repairs are being made, painting is getting done, the hardwood floors refinished. So I'm still not quite done with the South Bay.

It's so ironic to me spending so many weeks packing boxes only to arrive at the other end of the journey and have to unpack them all over again. It's like a never ending circle of chaos!! But I'm happy in my new place. I really love the location and close proximity to shops and restaurants. This is what I had been dreaming of; to be able to walk out my door and easily access all sorts of different places. I know this is good for me--this big move. I must admit, however, that before we got the U-Haul van on Saturday I started to have an anxiety attack!! It's been a very long time since I felt so scared and panicked. But I'm okay now and am very clear about how good this move to Oakland will be for me. And just to seal the deal, as I was getting ready for bed last night I heard someone practicing their conga drums across the street from me. MAybe some people would have been perturbed at the extra noise in the neighborhood, but I was excited and started dancing around my new place.

The development of the Sephardic Music Project has begun. I am gathering up a cadre of arrangers to help create an interesting assortment of sounds and rhythms to compliment the music. I am getting really excited about working on this new/old material and evolving it into something that can be accessible to the general public. Now all we have to do is book some concerts in the late fall/winter to showcase the music and what we're doing with it. This is going to be another fun ride!

No comments: