Monday, October 1, 2007

Photo Shoot

Yesterday we went out to a beautiful, yet very windy, spot to shoot the photos that will go on the CD. Michelle Longosz (www.michellelongosz.com) is the woman I chose to take my photos and I think she did a great job. She made me feel really comfortable and got me laughing and relaxed with little effort. The location was perfect and the day bright and sunny. I think/hope/pray the photos will be perfect for the CD cover and other promo materials I need. I think they will be pretty wild since my hair was blowing all over the place along with my dress (which actually blew up over my head a couple of times!!)

I have much more respect for what models--and photographers--need to go through to get good images. First I went to the Mac Cosmetics store to have my makeup done. That took more than an hour to achieve, but Jesús (my saviour!!) did a fantastic job and made me look amazing. Then it was quickly changing into my new fabulous dress and driving over to the photo location. Then, after getting into my high heels, Michelle had me standing on a hill overlooking the landscape. Now this all sounds nice except that I am in heels standing on a pretty steep incline of soft soil where my heels are sinking in and I am on the brink of falling everytime the wind blows!! She had me standing on this hill for so long that my feet started getting numb. And then the wind turned cold and my hair is blowing all over my face and goosebumps are forming on my arms and Michelle's arms are getting tired from so much shooting. Whew! But it was fun and I'm pretty confident she got some amazing shots. I'm crossing my fingers now. :)

On Thursday I leave for Kauai, Hawaii to go and do the endurance hike I've been training for for 3 months. I'm definitely ready. We did a nine hour hike a couple of weeks ago and I survived just fine. Tonight I'll find out if I get to hike the Na Pail Coast or not. I'll be really disappointed if I don't get to hike it. That's a big reason why I got involved in this hike to begin with. Of course then it evolved into how much I was helping people in need through the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I'm really proud of myself for having reached my goal of raising $4800. I really questioned whether I would be able to achieve that, but I did. Yeah!! I only get to be in Hawaii for 4 days because of my crazy schedule, but 4 days is better than no days at all. It will be fun and hopefully somewhat relaxing. I'll do a post with pictures after I return.

No comments: