Sunday, November 11, 2007

Insomnia

My head is swirling with all of the things that are currently going on in my crazy life right now. It's all good and exciting stuff but my mind just won't shut off and so I awake in the middle of the night and think about all the things I have to do and then I can't go back to sleep! My upcoming trip to Brazil is definitely looming over me. JC Celmer, the DJ and promoter that has invited Murray Low and me to perform there, just sent me the poster that is being used to promote the concert in Rio Grande. I've posted it on my www.myspace.com/katparra site since I can't figure out how to post it here! :) It is REAL!! and I'm now thinking about all the things I have to accomplish before I can get on the plane on Nov. 28. We will be there for a week only--I wish I could stay longer--but during that week we have 3 confirmed gigs with another possibility of performing in Sao Paolo. We're waiting to hear about that one. It's going to be so amazing and exciting getting to perform in front of an entirely new audience--AND a little frightening, I must admit. But I'm SO up for the challenge and the adventure. I'm confident it will be a great tour and a wonderful introduction to performance on an international level.

I'm also madly trying to get the design for the new CD completed before I leave for Brazil. The first go-round with the designers didn't overwhelm me with excitement and so now they are working on a newer, better concept. I want the packaging to be just as stellar as the music. I've raised the bar really high on this one and I'm sure I'm driving the designers loco, loco, loco, BUT it's important to me to present an entire product--both music and design--in the best light possible. I'm sure they all hate the fact that I am a graphic designer as well and that I art direct too much on this project. It's so hard to let go of the control of this when it's my baby--my second baby! I'm trying, though, to be open and appreciative of all the hard work they are putting in to helping me on this. I wish I could dsign the CD for myself, but I'd never be satisfied and would tweak it until I become so old I wouldn't care anymore. LOL

These next couple of weeks are going ot be a whirlwind--teaching, getting everything together for the trip, gigs, Thanksgiving, my mom's birthday, my friend Tiziana flying in from Austin next weekend, my son Danilo flying in from NYC for the Thanksgiving weekend, and on and on. I can't wait for Danilo to come home so I can spend some good quality time with both of my boys together. I'm really looking forward to that. Relationships are so important and just telephone and e-mail gets old after awhile. It will be good to be able to put my arms around my children and be able to look in their eyes when we have our conversations. I'm so proud of who they are as people. :)

No comments: