Sunday, November 4, 2007

Live Music

Last night I went to see John Worley and WorlView 4.0 perform at Senzala Restaurant in Sunnyvale. They were really spectacular--tight and in sync with each other's playing. It is obvious they have played together for quite some time and they undertand each other well enough to try out new and different ideas. John even presented a song they had never performed before--an original he wrote called Tantrum Therapy. It is a GREAT song--full of humor and freedom to express oneself. The band stepped up and really took the song on as their own and it sounded as though they had been playing it for years. Senzala Restaurant, run by Wagner and Lydia Bueno from Sao Paolo, Brazil, is a great space for music. The biggest problem is that it is not in an area where a lot of people tend to go at night unless they already know about it. I know they have a big lunch crowd due to all of the companies surrounding them. It would be great if they featured live music during the lunchtime crowd. It might be a nice change from everyone's daily routine.

The other fun and exciting thing about last night was meeting Juan Flores "Jazz Latino" from KTSU in Houston, TX. Juan has been a huge supporter of Birds in Flight. He came out to the Bay Area to see Eddie Palmieri and had been hoping to see me live as well. The woman he was visiting found that John was performing and since he plays with both Murray Low and Paul van Wageningen (as do I) she thought it would be a good compromise for him. So there they were at Senzala and I showed up. It was so sweet how excited he was to meet me. And what a very nice man he is. It's always fun to meet the DJs who have been playing my music. That way I can thank them personally for all the support they have given me and my music. We had our picture taken together and if I could just figure out how to post pictures to the main portion of my blog, I'd post it!! I'm such a techno-phobe. :)

No comments: