Monday, March 17, 2008

Internet Connection

It's been quite a while since posting here due to the fact that I didn't have internet connection in my house for two weeks. I have come to really appreciate being "connected"!! I have been trying to catch up on all of the things I was unable to do while the internet was down and am still in the process of updating my new website (www,katparra.com) and readying myself for the Pacific Northwest tour that takes place the last weekend in March.

My new CD, Azucar de Amor, officially hits the stores tomorrow, March 18th. I've been joking that it is the CD that keeps getting launched!! First it hit the radio airwaves to great response all around the world, then it landed on iTunes and now it will be available everywhere!! This is all very exciting. Billboard has already done a review of the CD, Jazz Improv magazine interviewed me for their next national edition, jazzreview.com is interviewing me, I was interviewed by Chicago Public Radio that will air in April and more exciting things keep coming down the pipeline. I am ecstatic about how well the CD is being received. Of course I am very proud of the music, the musicians who played on it and my performance, but one never knows how the rest of the world will respond to something as personal as your own music. I lay my heart and soul out before the world and hope they will honor and respect the work I do, and, as it turns out, that is exactly what is happening! :) So I have no complaints whatsoever, just a ton of gratitude.

Many important concerts are coming up. First Washington State where I"ll be a part of the Songbird Series at Bake's Place in Issaquah on the 28th and then The Jazz Project in Bellingham on March 30th. I'm really looking forward to performing in Washington for the first time. Then we come back and have a dance party at the Stage Dor in Sausalito on April 4th. That should also be a ton of fun as I am able to add Masaru on saxes and flutes and Michael Spiro on percussion. As april moves forward I'll be doing more CD release-type concerts with the culmination of the BIG CD release concert on April 27th with many of the stellar musicians that recorded on the CD. That will be an amazing day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Unknown said...

I'm listening to one of your songs as I type this, "Feed My Desire". I do a world music show on community radio WEFT in Champaign, IL, and am the world music genre director. I'm listening to my last Thursday's show and recording it in .mp3 format.

Your music is great. And yes, Kate Smith is a real sweetheart. :-)

Kat Parra said...

Thanks so much for your very kind words. And aan even bigger thanks for including my music on your radio show! It's most greatly appreciated.