Friday, March 28, 2008

Off to Washington

Today's the big day! Murray, Paul, Peter and I all fly up to Seattle to perform tonight at Bake's Place. I'm getting really excited about playing in Washington this weekend. The only bummer is that SNOW is in the forecast for the weekend!! I can't believe it. Rain I was ready for, but snow? When I saw that it was going to be so cold I had to repack my suitcase with my winter clothing. Oh well, hopefully the rental car has a really good heating system!

I have been battling my allergies all week and have been trying to get my voice into the condition it needs to be in order to do my best work. It's been kind of scary not being sure if I would be able to sing this weekend, especially after all the planning that has gone into making this happen. I'm happy to say that, although I am still somewhat congested, my voice is feeling much better and I am confident I will be able to perform to the level I want.

These are the situations that really make me realize how precarious a singing career can be. If I don't have a voice I can't sing and then I can't make a living. I have become incredibly vigilant this week about taking care of my voice, exercising, eating healthy, no coffee (that hurts!!) and no dairy. It seems to be working and so I will definitely continue this routine through the weekend and then try and be better from here on out.

If you're in the areas where we'll be this weekend (Issaquah on Friday and Bellingham on Sunday) please come by and say hello!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.