Friday, May 18, 2007

Making a Connection

This blogging thing has me baffled. How do you know if anyone is reading? If anyone is interested in what you have to say? My goal is to connect with people from all over the world and hear their stories. How are you coping as a single parent? An empty nester? Someone who has recently "launched" themselves into the kind of life they have always desired?

I am trying desperately to "launch" myself in a way where I can support myself both financially and emotionally. I try everyday to be productive, but I'm not always successful. I am easily distracted and sometimes have a hard time staying focused. What I want to do is develop a vocal masters class that I can take with me when I go on tour. It would be so wonderful to share what I have learned with other aspiring singers. My musical director Murray Low also has developed a really interesting masters class on the differences and similarities between jazz and latin jazz music. We have done the class together to demonstrate the different phrasings that are required to properly sing each style. It's fun and educational all at the same time.

If I could get a teaching gig like this at different locales across the country then I could book gigs in those same towns and finally have my opportunity to tour. That is my goal right now--get out on the road as soon as I possibly can. What is your goal?

No comments: