Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Staying Productive

Working from home can be quite a challenge for me. It's hard at times to stay focussed and assure that I stay productive. I'm so used to having someone else telling me what needs to get done where my job is concerned. Now it's up to me to determine what takes priority each day and how to assure that those things get accomplished. I've started making lists for myself at the beginning of each day to help me determine what I need to do to feel as though I'm not wasting time. Sometimes that works and other days I wonder where all the time went. I also get worried that I'm not moving forward in a way that will earn me a decent living. The last thing I want is to have to go back into corporate america and sit in a cube, listening to people complain about how much they hate their jobs. That should be motivation enough to stay focussed on the goals I have set for myself!!

Last night I was interviewed by Frankye Kelly on her TV show, Jazz with Frankye. It will air in a couple of weeks on the Comcast channel--Sunday 12:30-1pm. It was fun meeting Frankye. She is a really nice and beautiful woman who features local artists on her show. Herman Bosset was kind enough to set up the interview for me. He is such a sweet man! So we talked about the CD and the music. Some of my live performances will be shown on the show as well. This was the first time I've been interviewed on TV. I've done a lot of radio interviews now and feel very comfortable with that. This was a bit of a different beast, being in front of 3 cameras and lots of light. I think it went well, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. Life is good. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was your job at corporate america? Just curious...