Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Touring Poll and Career Day

A touring poll has been set up on my myspace.com/katparra page to see where people would like to see me perform throughout the country. It will be fun to see the results. We're currently targeting Chicago and Seattle to start with and I hope to perform in both of those regions in the fall of this year. If I start to worry about how I will be able to manage all of this I drive myself crazy. So I am practicing trust in the Universe. I am trying to believe that if it is meant to happen--and I truly believe it is--then the opportunities will present themselves at the right time.

Tomorrow I go back to my old high school, Willow Glen High, and sit on a panel for career day. I am excited to have been asked to participate in their career day. I'm sure some of the kids' parents will hate me, but I am going to urge those kids to follow their dreams, because no matter what path it takes them down, they will be pursuing something that truly makes them passionate and happy and creative. Will it make them a lot of money? Who knows? But how would you ever know if you weren't willing to take the chance to find out! I am a true believer that if you hear a calling you should follow it. That's not to say that the calling might change over time but at least you are listening to your gut, your heart, whatever you want to call it. It took me so long to be able to have this chance of listening to my heart and I am so happy I was able to finally HEAR it--and heed it.

No comments: