Thursday, May 24, 2007

Preparation

I'm a few weeks away from going back into the studio to record my next CD, Azucar de Amor. There is so much that has to be organized and prepared for that at times it can become overwhelming. But the support that I have from the musicians that will be performing on this CD is incredible. I am so very blessed to be able to record with the creme de la creme of the Bay Area as well as some very well known latin jazz musicians that will be flying in from different parts of the country. I am confident this CD is going to be just as good, if not better, than Birds in Flight. I have been listening to the songs that I chose and hearing them in the order that I think will work best for the CD and it feels good, sounds good and I am getting excited. Wayne Wallace has been such a great source of inspiration and guidance through both of these projects. We work so well together and have created some really nice songs. It's always fun to have an idea, create lyrics and a melody and then take the song to a master like Wayne who will help shape it and mold it into a work of art. This is how three of my original songs were developed for this project.

Today I go down to the school where I teach 2-4 grades and say goodbye to the students for the summer. We did our end of year concert last night and they were fantastic. I am so proud of all of them. I am actually going to miss them! But it will be fun to return next year to see how they have all grown. It feels good to be able to contribute something to the community, helping to enrich the lives of children who would otherwise not be exposed to these sorts of things.

No comments: