Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Closer and Closer

Things are really coming together nicely for the recording. We did a rehearsal both Monday night and all afternoon yesterday. It is quite a feat to get all of these guys (15 people) in one room for a rehearsal. And the opinions!! Everyone has an opinion on how the music should be played. But they all have such knowledge and experience that it is hard not to take what they say into consideration. Ultimately, however, Wayne is the producer and this is my CD! I have to do what feels right for me and what works best for the music. I think the songs are going to sound amazing, given what I heard yesterday. And it is good to find that I am more than ready to go in and sing my heart out on these songs. I am very comfortable with the arrangements and how things are going to lay out in each of the songs. We weren't able to get to every song yesterday, but I don't think it will pose too much of a problem in the studio. We covered the most challenging tunes in the rehearsal and now it is up to the players to practice on their own. I am so incredibly blessed to be able to play with these guys. Not only are they phenomenal musicians, but good people as well. That makes the music so much more enjoyable.

I have been asked to be a part of a top-40 cover band!! They want me to cover the latin tunes when they do their shows. I'm in a bit of a quandary over this. It feels like I'm stepping back in time by signing on to this. But at the same time, it would allow me to make more money--and I'd be singing! So I'm thinking maybe I should try it out and see how it feels. It's just frustrating when all I really want to be doing is performing regularly with my own band, playing my repertoire. I guess I'm more spoiled than I originally thought! :)

No comments: