Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Magic in the Air!

Can you feel the magic? I can! It's happening all around me this week. Day two is completed in the studio and half of the CD is now recorded (if you don't count the vocals). Magic is what is happening in the studio this week. The musicians are rising to levels that I only dreamt could happen. They are all such dedicated people and so appreciative and supportive of the music. Chills keep running down my spine as I hear the music being played back to me.

Yesterday the Sephardic songs were recorded and I think they are going to be very special. The afro-peruvian song as well turned out spectacular, under the strict direction of David Pinto. It is impressive how seriously dedicated he is to the music and its sound. He came in all business yesterday and left with a big smile on his face. I think he is very pleased--as am I--with how the song came out. Now it's up to me to sing my heart out and deliver the message with as much soul as I can.

The other truly amazing thing that happened yesterday was an offer to go to play in Brazil. WOW!! I'm crossing my fingers it works out. What an amazing experience that would be. I would perform in Rio Grande do Sur and in Porto Alegre, with the possibilty of performing in Rio and Sao Paolo as well. What a dream come true that would be. I hope I haven't jinxed it by writing about it here!

No comments: