Wednesday, June 6, 2007

So Much Going On

Well, my son Danilo will fly out next Tuesday to start a new life in NYC. I'm so excited for him and at the same time saddened at the fact that he will be so far away. This will undoubtedly give me more motivation to book some gigs on the east coast now! He will be doing an internship with vicetv.com and it sounds as though it will be a fantastic experience for him. I will be taking him to the San Francisco airport on Tuesday and then heading to Berkeley to do the first and only rehearsal before we start recording in the studio. I was thinking today that despite all of the mascara that will be running down my face from too many tears, having the opportunity to rehearse the songs for the recording will be fantastic therapy for me. It reminds me of when my ex and I split up and how much singing helped me get through such a difficult time. Music, singing, drumming are all such powerful tools in aiding us all to work through our "issues". I'm in the process of developing a music/expressive arts workshop that I want to take into juvenile hall or at-risk programs. I think that something like this could have a profound and positive impact on these lost children. They need love and support and a way to express their emotions without doing harm to either themselves or other people. I really want to find a way to reach these kids. But I'm also afraid they might eat me alive!! I've got to figure out how to do this and still feel safe.

No comments: