Saturday, June 2, 2007

Letting Go

My son, Danilo, flew off to NYC yesterday. He is going there for an interview for an internship spot at an alternative news station. It is an awesome opportunity for him and I am excited that people on the east coast are going to get a chance to see how talented he is. The hard part for me is letting go. The idea of him moving so far away is definitely something I need to get my head around. Granted, since he moved up to San Francisco I really haven't seen a lot of him, but now I won't be able to just jump in my car to go and have dinner with him when I want. Nevertheless, I am impressed at his fearlessness and ability to constantly grow and experience new things. He is an inspiration to me, as is my other son. They both teach me so much about life and creativity. I am blessed to have two such wonderful people in my life--and they're my sons!!

I now have almost all of the charts ready for the studio gig. I just need one more for the book to be complete. It is becoming a reality. I can't believe that I am going back into the studio so soon after my last CD. I'm excited and feel really good about the songs that will be on this disc. It will be a higher energy experience than the last one, which will be good for the dancers out there. And having "names" on the CD will also help considerably. Not only will it help in getting me attention, but the inspiration with getting to perform with these guys raises the music to a whole new level. One more week and we're thrown into it--rehearsals, last minute changes, last minute coordinations, etc. I even got my mom and sister-in-law involved by helping to cater food on the studio days--NICE!! :)

No comments: