Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Day One Complete!

Yesterday was the first day of recording and it was a huge success. We recorded three songs, two of which are complete--except for the vocals. Everyone played fantastic and created some really cool sounds for the songs. The charts are challenging and somewhat difficult to play but these guys are all pros on the highest level and made it seem relatively smooth and easy. Were there any glitches and hiccups along the way? Of course!! We're human after all. But the dedication to the music and making it sound the best possible is what ultimately wins out. I am really pleased and excited with how things are progressing and I'm feeling like we have the beginnings of something really special here.

Today is day two of the studio recording. We will be recording the two sephardic songs that will be on the CD as well as the afro-peruvian landó. I can't even begin to tell you how touched I am at how David Pinto has taken my song and dedicated himself to making sure it is as authentic as it can be. He even went as far as recording it in a home studio to make sure that it would work fine when we recorded it today with Gary Mankin. For someone at his musical level to be so committed to helping me with my song makes me feel so blessed and lucky to be alive. The song has a strong message of following your heart even though you might not have a clue where it will lead you. Maybe it somehow touched David in its message. No matter, I think this song is going to be powerful in a very organic way. I can't wait to get to the studio today to see what kind of magic we can create!!

No comments: