Saturday, June 16, 2007

Countdown to Studio Time

Two more days and the recording fun begins! I am actually really looking forward to getting back into the studio and working with the man with the golden ears, Gary Mankin. He is such an incredible sound engineer who takes his job very seriously and assures that the sound will be stellar on all the projects on which he works. I am truly blessed by all of the talent that surrounds me. They all inspire me to perform at a higher level--and hopefully I have a hand in inspiring them as well with my music.

An article came out the other day in the SJ Mercury News about how Ray Vega will be performing this coming Tuesday at Santana Row (http://www.mercurynews.com/search/ci_6137422?nclick_check=1). I was also quoted in the article because Ray will be here due to the fact that he will be recording with me next week. I was keeping it under wraps in order for it to be a surprise but now it's out in the open. I am thrilled beyond belief to be able to have Ray Vega playing on my new CD. Jovino Santos Neto will also be coming down to record and I am really excited about working with him as well. How cool is it to have two stellar recording artists performing on my CD? I am honored that they both agreed to attach their names to mine! And then in the midst of all of this, while trying to get everything and everyone organized another really exciting and lucky thing happened. Raul Ramirez, the percussionist who will be playing on an afro-peruvian landó song I wrote, just so happens to have David Pinto, Susana Baca's bassist and musical director, staying at his house for the month of June. So, David will be recording with me as well! How cool is that? It just can't get any cooler.

So now you can see why I am excited to get into the studio next week. It will be a week filled with amazing talents, sounds and innovations. These are the moments that reinforce my decision to leave corporate america and dedicate myself to my first love--music, music, music.

No comments: