Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back in the Studio

I have now completed another day in the studio, but this time it's all about the vocals. Yesterday wasn't an entirely easy day. There are the struggles of wanting to perform at the top of my game and also being concerned with phrasing and intonation. Of course I want the performances to be perfect, but more importantly I want them to be real and honest in their presentation. I put a lot of pressure on myself because I really want this to be a quality recording and also a good representation of who I am both as a singer and as a human being. I think I am definitely on the right track. We recorded some nice stuff yesterday, despite all of the psychological games I play with myself!

So today I go back and do it again. Hopefully I can put myself into a more centered space and really deliver the music the way I hear it in my heart. I know these songs really well now and just need to relax and let them speak through me at this point. I know I can do this and I actually look forward to getting back into the studio today to continue this journey.

2 comments:

Hiram said...

Let me just say I'm a devotee of Ladino music, have the CD 'Ladino Legacy' and several others by several artists. Thank you for contributing to the preservation of that beautiful musical tradition. Shalom / Paz.

Kat Parra said...

Thank you! I appreciate your response and hope you'll keep up with my posts!! I am very excited about the Sephardic music and am currently developing an entire concert of purely Sephardic music. It is such fascinating music and I am very happy to be able to carry on the traditional.
Kat