Tuesday, July 24, 2007

In the Studio Again

I'm back in the studio all week this week. I've got a ton of work that needs to get done but I'm confident, determined and motivated to accomplish everything I want to accomplish--and hopefully with the high quality I'm shooting for. Yesterday Orlando Torriente and David Chaidez, both great singers in their own rights, came in to record the coros. They did a fantastic job and added a new layer of richness to the music. I'm sure it will inspire me immensely when I record the lead vocals on those songs. Now the rest of the week will be devoted to my vocals. I am trying really hard to get my ego out of the way and open up my voice to the spirits. I know it sounds hokey, but when I am able to do this I achieve levels with my voice I didn't know were possible. I know I've got all of the tools, now I just need to stop thinking so much and let the music flow through me.

I'm feeling really good about this CD and I'll be even more excited when it is released early next year. It's a long time to wait, but I still have so much to do to get it ready to ship. I haven't even come up with a design concept yet. It's not like me to not have gotten all of that figured out by now. Probably because I know I've got time to play with ideas. This Friday I am going to teach a jazz vocal workshop with Doug Goodkin's Orff Training. I'm really excited and honored to be a part of this training. I think what I'm going to be teaching will be fun and educational all at the same time. I'm also hoping this leads to more vocal workshops since I love to teach in that kind of environment.

No comments: