Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day Two Complete

Yesterday was a very successful day in the studio. My voice was finally working the way I was hoping it would and my ego stepped aside long enough to let the music have its own voice. I am really happy with how the two songs that were recorded yesterday came out. 3 songs down, 7 more to go! Today will be the last day for a week and a half so anything that doesn't get done will have to wait. I'm alright with that since it will give me more time to caress ideas out of the music. Since the CD won't be officially released until March of next year, I have some time to make sure everything is just how I want it. I also have to start working on the design of the packaging. I'm really at a loss this time on how I want the artwork to be presented. Of course I have some thoughts, but nothing that has really grabbed me yet. But again, I've got time to develop and explore ideas.

Last night was the first official training for the Hike for Discovery team. it was at a track and we just did a lot of walking and stretching--easy enough. This weekend we'll be hiking for 3-4 hours. It's fun to go out and explore new hiking trails that I've never been on before. And the group of people are truly good and fun to be around. Joan got up and spoke about her disease last night and then talked about what her brother is going through with what the doctors are thinking is Multiple Myeloma. She started crying while talking and it completely broke my heart. It also made me feel even more dedicated to trying to raise the funds for this hike. Now I'm more determined than ever to make my goal of $4800. If you're reading this and you would like to help me reach my goal, please make a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (http://www.active.com/donate/hfdsvmb/hfdkparra) This link will take you to my website where I will get credit for your donation. Thanks so much!

No comments: