Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Techno-Phobe

I am trying really hard to be a better part of this technology craze. I'm impressed at how easily some people find it to maneuver their way around cyberspace. Case in point is the blog thing. I've seen some really cool, hip, and happenin' blogs, filled with images and clickable items. I try, really I do!! but I can't seem to get any pictures loaded or find a way to hyperlink those images. I feel like a complete dweeb. And this is from a woman who worked in hi-tech for so many years. Now I realize just how much I was resisting it!! :) But no matter, isn't the whole idea of a blog to relay information through words? I can do that!!

The recording part of the CD is complete! And I can safely and thankfully say that I am VERY proud of the outcome. There were some great surprises with my voice in the studio and I think I will have a very nice product on my hands when it is finally released. Now comes the mixing portion of the CD which won't be until the first week of September. It's probably just as well since there is a lot of stuff happening this month and it will be good to get some aural distance from the music before going back into the studio. I'm excited, though, and hope the music is well-received once its released.

Tomorrow at 12:30pm I will perform at the Stanford Hospital atrium. I actually like doing this gig. It is in the lower level of the hospital right next to a beautiful garden and I have the opportunity to perform in front of a lot of people who wouldn't normally have the chance--or take the chance--to hear my music. I'll get to try out some of the new material from the new CD and I'll get to perform with Murray Low, Tom Bockhold and Paul VW. What more could I ask for? :) I'm also looking forward to performing live since it's been a few weeks since my last gig and I've got a lot more coming up this month. This will be the warm-up for the San Jose Jazz Festival.

No comments: